Knitting Angel

Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKiP

Well today was World Wide Knitting in Public Day and we here in Staunton spent the morning at one of our favorite coffee shops - well - knitting in public!! We had about 45-50 knitters who had a great time getting to know other crafters. We even had a spinner and spinning wheel.

Then we went back to the shop where many of the folks followed us to shop and we had even more fun.

After the shop closed, I made a mad dash to a friends wedding reception for some red velvet cake - yum. If I'm lucky, the MOB will bring home more and we can have it next week when I do a home visit.

I have put aside the rush to do the Pretty as a Peacock Shawl - I think that if I take the pressure off of me, then I will do much better with it. I am going to wokr on the Noni Tulip Tote bag for a while this evening - just plain relaxing knitting. Just what I need.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger shellbell said…

    Hello,
    Just came across your blog when I was searching for info. on the tulip tote by noni. I am head over heels for this bag, I just discovered it yesterday surfing the net! Believe it or not I have phoned my surrounding yarn shops which really consists of 4 and not one of them has it...so sad! Looks like I will be ordering via the net. However one of the yarn shop owners I spoke with said she did not order many noni patterns because her customers that have purchased them in the past have had some difficulty with them. She also mentioned that it was hard to get a hold of a noni rep. or that they could not offer her much help. That being said I wondered your take on the pattern? I am a beginner knitter is why I ask I guess.....
    Happy Knitting!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Angel Girl said…

    Hi there Shell,
    I LOVE Noni patterns and do not find them that difficult to do. We have one more of these patterns left at my friend's shop - email me at angelcooper at hotmail dot com and we can get this ordered gor you.

    And in terms of a Noni rep - NOT TRUE! Nora's phone number is on her pattern so that you can call her directly if you have a problem.

    Email me!
    Angel

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger scoutleader425 said…

    angel.. that is a beautiful pattern would love to see pics when you have finished.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger shellbell said…

    Angel,
    I have sent you an email.....Thanks for your kindness! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home