Knitting Angel

Friday, August 20, 2004

A Good Time Was Had By All

Last night, I went with a couple of my knit-ster friends to a craft night in Charlottesville at Stony Mountain Fibers (www.StonyMountainFibers.com). The owner of the shop is Barbara Gentry who raises sheep and their wool becomes some of the wonderful wools in her shop. We 3 arrived early which gave us some tine to to do a little shopping before the rest of the group got there. My friend Carol and I snatched up 2 of the cutest bags from Lantern Moon. They are colorful and plastic and look as if they are made like we used to make those gum wrapper chains - remember those?? The rest of the group arrived - a wonderful group of ladies who brought knitting projects, a spinning wheel, and a couple of ladies who brought their drop spindles. I had seen the drop spindle on the Knitty Gritty show and wanted to learn how to do this. I chose an Ashford drop spindle and one of the women was quickly showing me the mechanics of doing this. It is gonna take me a llllooonnngg time to make enough yarn to knit a nose hoodie!!! LOL but I do have a friend that has LOTS of roving, so I am going to go and visit him this afternoon. :-) Anyway - the ladies and my friends, Carol and Joe and I talked and chatted and I did lots of observing (this is generally the say that it goes with me). The ladies thought that the shawl that I am working on is wonderful - I was pretty pleased since it my first big project. It was a wonderful and colorful group of folks and I look forward to being able to go and spend time with them again next month.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Spinning looked more interesting to me too after seeing the lady profiled during a break of the Knitty Gritty show. I have no room for a wheel, so I'd have to do it by hand.
    Someday I'll spin...but that day is far away.
    I'm too jealous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home