Knitting Angel

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Knitting Ideas

Well, I am still learning how to do this - this log thing. I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to figure out how to upload pictures and stuff. I added Picaso and Hello and still no pictures. Maybe I'll get it figured out one of these days

Anyhow, more info on me - I am a social worker who works wih special needs children in a private agency. I have been in this job for almost 20 years and I love it.

I am the Mom to a 5 year old poodle named Katie who is really spoiled to death. She is my furbaby and she loves me. She and I live in the house where I was raised since 1965. My Mother passed away in January of this year. My older sister is a United Methodist District Superintendant for the Peninsula District of Virginia. She is the first African American woman to ho;d this honor in Virginia. I am very proud of her.

I have LOTS of hobbies that I enjoy - travel, spending time with friends, cooking, reading, rubber stamping and the reason for this blog - knitting.
I started doing this about 18 months ago when a friend took me to a yarn shop and there were all these wonderful yarns in there - not just the old boring yarns that I remember from years ago.

I got yarn to make a scarf and knitted that up in a couple of days. And then I went back and got more yarn - and made another one. I love the fun and funky yarns best. Well then there was the design that the shop had that the designer is marketing - I have made several of those also.

And now I do what many people do - I travel to different places, but NOT without checking yahoo first to find out where the LYS are. Do you do that too?? Maybe I should tell you about shops in places that I have been to - and what I have learned. But that might be a topic for another day.




3 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Your blog is looking great! I'm impressed.
    Your dog is a cutey!

    When I travel, I look for yarn shops. Unfortunately, I still have not been able to get to one while on a trip.

    Hubby promised me I'm going to be able go to the Knit-Out in DC, so I'm trying to make it to at least Knit Happens in Alexandria while I'm there.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI,
    I'm from Poncho Along. Great to hear about your job!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI THERE! I AM A FRIEND OF THE KNITTING ANGEL!ONE DAY SHE IS GOING TO TEACH ME THIS WONDERFUL ART OF KNITTING!!SHE HAS INVITED ME TO GO TO A CLASS WITH HER,I CANT WAIT!!I HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME AT WORK & I REALLY WANT TO LEARNT THIS SOON.THE KNITTING ANGEL IS A VERY SWEET & FRIENDLY PERSON.HER NAME FITS HER WELL!IF YOU EVER GET THE CHANCE TO MEET HER ,DONT PASS UP THE CHANCE TO MEET HER CUTE LITTLE DOG,KATIE!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home